Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Don and Ella Chronicles

Don is a quiet man; an elegant man. He carries himself with the demeanor fitting for a respected educator, and mentor. He is married to a gracious woman, Ella, who is still beautiful. Don has suffered multiple heart attacks, and strokes. Ella has had hip surgery, and recovery is slow to happen. An in-home caregiver is not something they are used to. We're becoming comfortable with each other. Don knows his mind is slipping, and I am seeing this progress at an alarming rate. All of the warning signs for Dementia are present.  Ella finds it hard to just relax so she can heal. I will be sharing their stories here - as I am honored to share the sunset with them.


2 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart seeing old folks suffer. I lose my father to cancer 3 years ago and mom's ailing every now and then. I'm glad you're honored to serve them. Today's younger generation doesn't even care about their own parents anymore.

    Stryker Hip Lawsuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Ruth!! Welcome back! I'm so glad to see you blogging again! We are in a different place than the last time I saw you - much progress for Momma. I'm doing the beset that I can to make her comfortable at home in this time of endings and beginnings. I love this sweet couple already!! You are so very good at what you do, I can't wait to see what happens next! :)Arlene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting or asking questions here. I will reply to all who request more information.