Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ah, Nuts!

We skipped the morning shower because I had to run an errand, early, and there simply wasn't time. She was fine with that. She has Dementia, so all of this was destined to be forgotten anyway. In the afternoon I waited for an "opportune moment" to bring up the shower plan. I'd let her skip from time to time, but her live-in caregiver really wants her to shower daily. It's a nice time for her, relaxing and enjoyable, so I go along and we do get that shower each day I'm there. She had to go to the bathroom, so I figured that was the opportune moment!



She was seated on the toilet and I announced that we would now get her shower. She complained, whined, argued... but I won. I started to reach for her shirt but she said "You'll have to give me a minute" and I realized she was having a bowel movement. Ooops!  I said "Ok, sorry! I'll just make up your bed while you're busy."


I heard her standing up, and the toilet flushing - so I rushed back into the bathroom and said "Hang on! Don't get dressed again - it's time for your shower!" She looked like a sneaky kid caught in an act, and said "Ah, nuts!"

I love that woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting or asking questions here. I will reply to all who request more information.