Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Hear Music

All through the day my client with Dementia heard music yesterday. How do you handle it when you are with a family member or client who sees or hears things that aren't there?

"Do you hear that?" she would say.

"I don't, but this is Christmas time - so it's probably a neighbor playing Christmas music. I drive my neighbors crazy with mine!"


"Do you hear that?" (five minutes later)
"Sometimes the dryer sounds like music!"
"Oh, that's probably it."

"Do you hear that?" (ten minutes later)
"Not sure what you hear - but I do hear a power tool outside - sort of sounds like a man's voice singing."

"Do you hear that?" (well, you get the idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting or asking questions here. I will reply to all who request more information.