Monday, November 25, 2013

The phone call

My phone rang this evening. It was Ella.

As cheerfully as she could, she explained that the two daughters have made so much food for them in the last few days, that I will not have to prepare lunch or dinner tomorrow. She gave me the heads up because I often stop and bring them something, or make something at home for them.

He had his brain scan.

It's not good news. He has a very rapidly progressing Dementia. Of course it was suspected, but now they have this diagnosis to hang on it. Does it change things? No. But it answers the question.

"Do you still want me to come tomorrow?" I asked her.

"YES!" she said. Oh, joy, I get to deep clean.... woo. But I'm looking forward to the day, anyway. It will be a shorter day than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting or asking questions here. I will reply to all who request more information.